Thursday, August 27, 2009

eBoy

Online dating is not to be sniffed at. We’re all busy people, and I’m sure a lot of people get really lucky. I have no problem with it in theory, and so I tried it for a brief period a couple of years back, just out of interest.

It felt too much like I was shopping for a bloke. I was in recovery from a full-blown addiction to eBay, and there didn’t seem to be much difference between putting a bid on a 1930s-era Grindley vegetable tureen with some crazing and a few scratches on the art deco pattern, and checking if a bloke who seemed to share at least a few of my interests had any serious chips on his shoulder or unsightly use marks.

2 comments:

  1. Why the name change Robyn? I am a fan of "My own two feet." As for the topic at hand, I've tried online dating and its a great way to meet people, but only slightly higher on the totem pole than blind dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dating of every sort... er, I LOVED dating of every sort, back when I was single.

    I have to say, though, Robyn, that while you can't snuggle up with a soup tureen, nor will it talk back to you or leave its dirty shorts on the bedroom floor.

    ReplyDelete