Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kuching postscript, 11/1/11


A 'mishap' last night at Kuching Airport (the terminal was designed by Edric Ong, Ramsay's cousin), where an Air Asia flight skidded off the runway on landing in heavy rain, closed the place down for most of today. My flight was shuffled to tomorrow.

This event gave me time to focus on the job I'm doing for Sarawak Energy, though the tradeoff is I don't get to see anything of Chennai this time, apart from the drive to and from the airport.

The Sarawak Energy project came through Ruth S, who is Jay's neighbour. We met briefly the other night as I was walking to meet Mas and Jun to go to their karaoke bar. Ruth checked out my website and then mentioned me to Nick, and Nick made contact and came here on Sunday to explain what would be required.

Ruth and I had breakfast and a fabulous talk this morning at the Grand Margherita. We both felt like we'd already known each other for ages. She is also a dog person, with Bella, a Lab, back in Oz. Her sister, who lives in Wodonga (the twin town to my home in Oz), had even mentioned my Dogs' Breakfast Group to Ruth some time ago. And here we are, meeting in Borneo!

No comments:

Post a Comment